Calling all Princeton students in the Chicago area for the holidays! Join alumni from the Princeton Club of Chicago to hear about job and internship opportunities in the Chicago.
View pictures from the event!
Click here to buy tickets!
All alumni in the area are invited to attend a special meeting of the Princeton-Chicago Networking Group (“PCNG”) that will bring together alumns and current Princeton students in the spirit of networking and *hopefully* summer employment.
- Are you a current student or alumn who has started the search for a summer internship?
- Do you know a Princeton student or alumn seeking a summer internship?
- Are you an alum who has (or may soon have) a summer intern position available at your firm?
- Are you an alumn who would like to give advice on how to best position oneself for a successful internship search?
If your answer to any of the questions above is “yes”, then this event is for you!
This is a unique opportunity for Princeton alumni and students to network around the topic of summer employment in the Chicagoland area. Whether you are trying to fill an internship slot or are hoping to find an internship, this event will give you a head start on the process before the holiday season ends.
As the Princeton Club of Chicago’s activities have shown through the years, there is great value in face-to-face contact for sensitive introductions, career counseling, and career strategy. This is everyone, young or old.
WHAT – Special luncheon meeting of the Princeton-Chicago Networking Group focused on connecting alumns and current students to discuss summer internship opportunities.
WHEN – December 21st, 2011 From 11:30 am - 1:00 pm.
WHERE – Currents Restaurant, 200 South Wacker, basement, Chicago, Illinois
Parking is available on the south side of Jackson, between Wacker and Canal (cheaper), and on Franklin, across from the Sears Tower (more expensive).
WHO – Princeton alumni, Princeton undergraduate/graduate students, and other invited guests.
WHY - Networking is a fundamental and critical business skill. Develop and exercise your networking skills for a variety of purposes:
- For undergraduate/graduate students: Learn about internship opportunities in the Chicagoland area; Meet other Princetonians who could serve as mentors; Learn to network to a job; Get more connected with the Princeton community in Chicago
- For alumns: Meet a group of stellar candidates for summer internships; Learn about other industries; Serve as a mentor to other Princetonians or meet someone who could be a mentor; Get more connected
- Develop this critical skill before you need it.
HOW – This event will differ from previous events. Over a buffet luncheon you will have the opportunity to speak with each present. It will be an open, informal setting.
- Prepare a brief (<1 minute) introduction telling something about your background and what you are looking for (e.g. specific contacts).
- Bring ~20 Business Cards if you are alumn; bring 20 copies of your resume if you are a student.
- Bring a smile and enjoy yourself!
COST - $20 for alumns, $10 for students
RSVP - Participants must be pre-registered through the website or by email to Robert_Khoury@hotmail.com by Friday 12/16/11. Include “PCNG Summer Intern Event” in the message line of your response. So the restaurant can plan accordingly, you must be registered in advance to attend this event. Space is limited.
Click here to buy tickets!
Wednesday, Dec 21 2011
11:30am [ iCal ]
200 South Wacker St
Chicago, IL USA
Look Who's Coming:
Brownson, Rehmus & Foxworth
Illinois Holocaust Museum & Education Center
Princeton University 2015
General Growth Properties
... a total of 22 guests.